We, the Initiative for Interstellar Studies (i4is), collect personal information from people and groups that interact with us. If you visit our website, sign up for an i4is mailing list, contact us or interact with us in any other way we may hold personal information about you.
- just access our website we will only store Google Analytics data unless you opt out. This is described in our Google Analytics section below in more detail.
- join an i4is mailing list we will store your email address and your name. We also store information on how you interact with our emails. This is explained in more detail in our MailChimp section below.
- contact our organisation through any means we may store any information you provide us with for future reference.
All of this information is stored securely and is deleted when we no longer need it for purposes explained here. You can contact us at any time to request access to the data that is held about you. You can also request it to be amended or deleted. We only process data when we have a legitimate interest to do so. We only process data in ways that you would reasonably expect us to.
This data is accessible only to authorised people within the i4is who need to use it for i4is management purposes. Your data may be shared outside the i4is only:
- if there is a legal obligation to do so.
- with organisations and individuals that you would reasonably expect.
We will only contact you if we have permission to do so. You can unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails or by contacting us.
Like a lot of organisations, we use Google Analytics to collect information on how visitors interact with our website. This information gives us an insight into how users explore our site and how often they visit, allowing us to make more informed decisions when updating our website and other services that we provide. This information, or an aggregate of it, is only shared with people within i4is who need it to make these decisions. Google stores this information for us. For more information on how Google manages this data click here.
When you visit our website we may store cookies on your device. We store cookies in order to improve the experience you receive on the website.
Through our use of Google Analytics, cookies are stored on your device. These let us identify your device over time so we can better understand how people interact with our website. More information on this data is given above.
To find out more about what cookies are and how they work visit https://cookiesandyou.com. The legislation that we follow is summarised by the Information Commissioner's Office here.