We are pleased to announce the final paper selection for the Foundations of Interstellar Flight workshop to take place 13-15 June 2017 in New York City.
The workshop program includes 27 talks that have been selected through a review process. In no particular order, these are:
1. The Fusion Fuel Resource Base in our Solar System, Robert Kennedy
2. Continuous Grid Inertial Electrostatic Confinement Fusion, Raymond J Sedwick.
3. Heat Transfer in Fusion Starship Radiation Shielding Systems, Michel Lamontagne.
4. High Beta Cusp Confinement: A Path to Compact Fusion, Regina Sullivan, Lockheed Martin Skunk Works.
5. Plasma Dynamics in a Z-Pinch Fusion Engine, Robert Freeland, Icarus Interstellar
6. Direct Fusion Drive for Interstellar Exploration, Samuel Cohen and Charles Swanson, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
7. Laser-Powered Electric Propulsion for Interstellar Precursor Missions, Angelo Genovese, Initiative for Interstellar Studies.
8. Combined Thermal Desorption and Electrical Propulsion of Sailcraft, Elena Ancona, Telespazio VEGA Deutschland GmbH.
9. The Prediction of Particle Bombardment Interaction Physics due to Ions, Electrons and Dust in the Interstellar medium on a Gram-Scale Interstellar Probe, Kelvin F Long, Institute for Interstellar Studies.
10. Effects of Enhanced Graphene Reflection on Performance of Sun-Launched Interstellar Arks, Gregory Matloff.
11. Solar Sail Propulsion: A Roadmap from Today's Technology to Interstellar Sailships, Les Johnson and Edward E Montgomery, Tennessee Valley Interstellar Workshop and MonTech LLC.
12. Solar System Escape Mission with Solar Sail Spacecraft in the Framework of Post-Newtonian Gravitational Theory, Olga Starinova, Samara National Research University, Russian Federation.
13. Enabling the First Generation of Interstellar Mission, Philip M Lubin,UC Santa Barbara.
14. Accelerator Technologies for Simulation of Dust Impacts at Starflight Velocities, Andrew J Higgins, McGill University, Quebec.
15. Rigid Light Sail Dynamics and Control for Launch and Acceleration Using Controlled Optical Metamaterials, Eric T Malroy, NASA Johnson Space Center.
16. First Stop on the Interstellar Journey: The Solar Gravity Lens Focus, Louis Friedman and Slava G Turyshev, The Planetary Society, CalTech.
17. Gram-Scale Nano-Spacecraft Entry into Star Systems, A. A. Jackson, Lunar and Planetary Institute.
18. The Andromeda Study: Some Design Solutions for Project Starshot, Andreas Hein et al., Initiative for Interstellar Studies.
19. Pilot Wave Model for Impulsive Thrust from RF Test Device Measured in Vacuum, Harold G White, Eagleworks Laboratory, NASA Johnson Space Centre.
20. Positron Propulsion for Interplanetary and Interstellar Travel, Ryan Weed et al., Positron Dynamics.
21. Tests of Fundamental Laws and Principles of Physics in Interstellar Flight, Roman Kezerashvili, City University New York.
22. Entanglement and Chameleon Acceleration, Glen A Robertson.
23. Mach Effect Gravitational Assist Drive, Heidi Fearn et al., CA State University Fullerton.
24. Pressing Hydrogen to Exotic Quantum States, Ranga Dias, Harvard University.
25. Self-Sustained Traversable Wormholes and Casimir Energy, Remo Garattini, Initiative for Interstellar Studies and University of Bergamo, Italy.
26. An Epitaxial Device for Dynamic Interaction with the Vacuum State, David C. Hyland, Texas A & M University.
27. Human Exploration of the Solar System As a Precursor to Interstellar Travel: Outlook and Realities, Ralph McNutt Jr, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.
Further details about the workshop, including registration and submission, can be found at the web site address:
For any enquires please contact the event secretary Elena Ancona: email@example.com
We hope to see you in New York in June.