This page shows the various publications by members of the Initiative for Interstellar Studies to date or by people that have worked on I4IS activities. This includes:
- Principium Newsletter
- Papers & Articles
- Conference Presentations & Lectures
- External Blog Articles
- External Media Articles
Beyond the Boundary
The end of 2014 saw the publication of our book 'Beyond the Boundary': exploring the science and culture of interstellar spaceflight. The book features contributions from members across the organisation on diverse subjects such as the scientific and societal benefits of interstellar exploration, defining the fundamental requirements, the use of wormholes and faster than light travel, interstellar communications, launch vehicles and many other chapters exploring missions scenarios, propulsion options and the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI). The book can be ordered directly from Lulu.com.
Voices is a publication to facilitate a voice to the interstellar community at large. It is not just the opinions of members of I4IS but anyone else that wishes to express an opinion. The first issue was produced for the near year of 2014 and was originally due for a January release. But here is its, the first issue of Voices edited by I4IS Director Keith Cooper.
Principium is the Initiative for Interstellar Studies newsletter featuring articles on deep space propulsion, spacecraft designs and concepts, interviews with prominent personalities in the interstellar community as well as I4IS members, and features on SETI, exoplanets, interstellar physics, science fiction and the exploration and utilisation of the Solar System. Principium is free to download as a PDF from these pages, where we will keep a growing backlist of issues. If you would like to contact the Editor, please write to us. Also, if you enjoy reading Principium, don’t forget to share it with your friends, colleagues and relatives and spread the word about I4IS’ mission and the quest to develop an interstellar spacecraft. Principium #1 through #8 were edited by Keith Cooper and produced by Adrian Mann for I4IS, the latest issues are edited and produced by i4is Senior Researcher John Davies. If you have any suggestions for future articles, or would like to get in touch via our web site. Copyright © 2017 i4is. All rights reserved.
Issue 19 - Latest Issue November 2017
- ‘The Interstellar Space’ Opening of i4is HQ, 8 October 2017
- News Feature - Glowworm Update
- TV Programme Review - The Search for a New Earth - With Professor Stephen Hawking, BBC2, first screened 11 Sep 2017, UK
- Interstellar Inspiration for School Students: The i4is Interstellar Challenge. How To to get started on your own Interstellar Challenge.
- Transplutonium is not “Planet X” : Reminiscing and reality-based ruminations on the high cost of nucleosynthesis of propellants for interstellar travel.
- Engineering New Worlds: Creating the Future - Parts 4 and 5
- Art for Interstellar : Bringing art, technology and science together in New York